Saturday, May 24, 2008

flash flash

Tonight, I was on a balcony during the intermission of a play at the West End Theatre in the Pearl District of Portland... (Paul you were an outstanding villain)
the sun had settled behind the hill leaving the sky a glow with such vibrant golden yellow rays, illuminating the clouds so, so, uhh it was incredible. Then!... it started raining with the sun's light warming my face still. I felt so special for that moment, like I was the only one seeing this.

Not too much later, I left the play to a dark night sky and it seemed like someone was dumping buckets of water on Portland. I saw the sky flash but I didn't think anything of it, I thought maybe it was some bright light at the top of a scraper flashing or something not exciting. BUT THEN! as I was driving my car down the narrow one way streets, I saw it!

Lightning. LIGHTNING.

I parked by the river's edge and watched the veins, the lightning looked like veins. I felt how amazing God is.
Don't tell;) but I cried a little thinking about this lightning and how powerful and full of energy it is. It was so huge, stretching across the sky! I was listening to a song and as I saw it flash the lyrics sang out:
clothed in rainbows of living color, flashes of lightning and
rolls of thunder, i see the dawn is shaking, glory and power
be to you the only one i need...

And then I wondered what it would feel like to be touched by lightning. well, Hit. Lightning cannot just touch something. And God made that. He made the WHOLE earth. With the commands of his words, his voice. And that hurts my brain to think about because I just can't wrap my mind around that, it's too... I don't know, it's strange but intriguing and beautiful.

No comments: