Thursday, May 8, 2008

hold on this is a long update

Ok, I had a grrreat time on my little tour down to Los Angeles from Oregon. Yes I should have posted this before but I've never been good at "blogging" anyway... I actually had a really good time driving down all by myself, gave me time to go through my thoughts and a good chunk of my ipod. I'm rating each song- going down the list alphabetically- if they get 1 star, they are outta there.

I had started off the trip at 5:30 in the morning after getting only 3 or 4 hours of sleep. AND i drove a 10 hour day! to Turlock CA where I stayed with some friends that are more like family. We bought a flat of strawberries right off the farm
and oh man, mm mmm. Darling did you know strawberries are my favorite?!

I then had my first show of the tour in Reedley at Road 56 with Molly Jensen and Trevor Davis, they are incredible. I like playing shows with artists I enjoy listening to. Then! I went up to Hume for the weekend and spent my days in the sun and trees and my nights in the recording studio. I tracked vocals for a friend who is a gifted songwriter to say the least, and my question still is: can i please do this for life? Being in the studio 3 or 4 nights in a row gave me a good appetite for more recording and anything that involves music, songwriting etc. At least for this part of my life.

-Mo, Autumn, Dakota: I love you guys.

I left hume for my next show in Ventura CA. So... they have squirrels on their beach. Weird? Yes. Creepy? YES. There were a few of them on the rocks, I had just finished the worst sushi I've ever had (but still good) (well it's sushi) (i heart sushi) anyway, i dropped a couple pieces of ginger and some wasabi down to the squirrels on the rocks. And some of them ate the ginger and tasted the wasabi! It was funny, they twitched a lot. But what's creepy is that right after I dropped stuff down, I think 39.7 squirrels came out of nowhere! And there they all were, 1.5 million of them on the rocks in front of me. Creepy. yes. I should have taken a photo for you to see... oh well.

I think the highlights of the week in LA were as follows: number 1: hanging out with my mudder who is my mother. Number 2: playing at UCLA, so many friends came out and it was fun. Number 3: having breakfast with Skyler at Cafe 101. and p.s. my omelette did not come with cheese on it! I thought they automatically have cheese, that's why an omelette is an omelette. right??





Goodnight Darling.

No comments: